Tuesday, July 1, 2008

BETROTHED cont.....

As you know, the day could not have gone by fast enough. I felt so connected to my Sunshine that my heart was beating at the same pace as hers. Its almost shameful that the last time I held her in my arms I wanted her to marinate my spirit with her beauty. I held her so tight that I felt the rhythm of her heart and tried to pace my beat with hers. I can't explain it, but my 'Sunshine' has the most majestic and mind soothing hugs I could ever dream of. The way her skin feels like the softness of a blue sky makes me ache with anticipation of her again.

The time have finally come to see my Queen upon the Nile. As she walked down her apartment second story stairs, visions of palm leaves parting the way for my darling was all I could see as she made her way down the steps and towards the car. My Queen had no clue that I have been waiting for hours to see her, and actually waited at the front gates just to see her pass by in what seemed to me to be a chariot driven by her roommate.

As she made her way to the car I didn't realize that my legs have fallen asleep during the hour long wait to see her. My heart and mind was so fixed on seeing her radiant smile that I never moved a muscle in anticipation. My legs have fallen asleep and I wasn't able to get out of the car and greet her. When she open the passenger side door and said that breathtaking,"Hello", I knew I was going to go into cardiac arrest. I fumbled over some words that probably sounded much like Pig Latin. Somehow see made out some familiar syllables that she could recognize and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Everything in my body said to hold her tight and look into her eyes and give her that life changing infallible kiss.

4 comments:

One- said...

Did I really live this novel? Thanks for loving me so sweetly honey!

Dena said...

Wow I remember the apartment and he paints it so much better doesn't he? Will you talk to Matt about all of this romantic stuff please!!! I love that he landscapes and paints, fixes everything and kills bugs but a little nice writing like this would send me over the edge.

One- said...

Lets go honey, I am checking your blog to see whats new. Get with the program! Lol-

Shannon said...

who are you?...and what did you do with my brother in law